September 11, 2010

Peek the Bird!

Let´s take  peek at Jen Mankins, Bird´s owner house! Bird is a great NYC shop. I love how you can see a home personality. The objects and collors tell a story, tell a story of someone interesting and particular. That´s what home decor should do.





    Jen´s quote:


My decorating style is really eclectic and it would be an understatement to say I am not a minimalist! I love to mix and match styles, textures, colors, the more the better.  My husband is Swedish and I have been traveling to Stockholm with him for 12 years now. I have been greatly influenced by Scandinavian design, with its clean modern lines and shapes, but I love it paired back to all the hand-crafts, art and objects we pick up from our other travels. My personal design aesthetic definitely comes through in my shops and vice versa, there’s a lot of cross over.  I have been really inspired by and have learned tons working with my great friend Ole Sondresen, the architect of my stores.  He hails from Norway so brings his own dose of Scandinavian design history, focusing on the quality and integrity of the materials and the construction. We both agree that you can never have too much beautiful wood in a space. And I always try to incorporate some Josef Frank fabric from Svenskt Tenn in Stockholm. I am obsessed!

Read more at Design*Sponge http://www.designspongeonline.com/2010/05/sneak-peek-jen-mankins-of-bird.html#ixzz0zE9cst00






Love the HUG pillow.














What are those bottles there on the window?




I love shelves and books in an open and broad space. 





















I need a huge desk to work and organize my stuffs. A small desk like that would not do for me..but I love the pictures.




Nive beach pictures! 





I love this house. It seems clear, energetic by the user of collors like orange and white and choice of fun decor objects.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails