March 27, 2011

ESCHER, til next time!

    
It is 3:41am now in Rio de Janeiro. I am just back from a get together and I cant sleep. So, I decided to post abot my day. Today, I decided to spend the day at Center. Center is Rio's Downtown, where everyone works during the week and no one goes during the weekends. For my surprise, I met more than 300 people there, like me, trying to attend to the ESCHER's exhibition. The guard told me that I would have to wait for 1 hour and 30 minutes in line in order to go inside. Hum! Soon enough, I met some co-workers that pulled the Brazilian way, the jeitinho brasileiro as we can here. She pretented she was pregnant and he pretended he was a happy father to be. Well done! The couple skiped the huge line and I stood there with my flat belly.


I decided to buy a chocolate bread and talked to the cashier. He told I should have known it would be crowed coz "Its Escher". Ok, I am sorry! I did not kow. I gave up and take some pictures in front of the murals and have random fun, as the one below:





Maurits Cornelis Escher (17 June 1898 – 27 March 1972), usually referred to as M.C. Escher was a Dutch graphic artist. He is known for his often mathematically inspired woodcuts, lithographs, and mezzotints. These feature impossible constructions, explorations of infinity, architecture, and tessellations.



In front of the CCBB, Brazilian's Bank Cultural Center, there were some musicians making crazy stuff.
I love celo, but I could stand only for 20 minutes. No more. Too crazy, alternative, non-sense sound for me. The cool stuff was the video which had a imagetic movimentation according to the notes played.





Afterwards, I went to the Post Office Cultural Center and checked out the pictures below.
I did not think they were too good, but it is a nice moviment. The theme was "Rio through my window". The center incentivates artists to paint and expose a piece with an especific theme: 








 


4am now. I will call it a day!
Next time, ESCHER!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails