December 23, 2010

Year Accomplishments & Resolution

Here I go. I will share with you my year accomplishments and resolutions. I have the (nerd) habbit to write down in my agenda or notebook the near term, middle term (2 years) and long term (5 years) resolutions every year. I have realized some of my projects and wishes this way, but I confess that it is nerd.

Well, here are some of this year´s accomplishments:

1. PROMOTION 
I was promoted, was released from pressure and long hours of work. I do not have to work until 5am during New Year´s Eve or Carnaval. This was a good acoomplishment! Haha. I will have my first calm and great New Year´s Eve with fireworks at the beach!

2. POEM BOOK 
I hired a designer to work on my soon to be released poem book. The poem book consists of 78 poems and 13 illustrations done on coal and Chinese Ink by me. The project was sent to the Cultural Ministry to be approved and sponsered.

3. QUESTION BOOK 
I decided to go independently on my Question Book project. The Question Book is a pocket game-book with 317 questions for you to play with your friends. The best accomplishment here was the decision itself. I am waiting for a year now on a very famous and big Publisher Business which liked a lot my project but apparently was "waiting for the best editorial moment to publish it". This project became more of a self-realization project and I decided that even losing money, I would make it happen independently. So, I am going for it.

4. THE ART REFERENCE BLOG
I started THE ART REFERENCE blog on March 2010. It has being a great pleasure of mine. This is a space that I write what I want, I share my days, my art visits, travels, readings and my opinions, I open a space for Guest Columnists to contribute with the blog sharing their projects.


Here are some of my 2011´s resolutions are:


1. HEALTH LIFE STYLE 
This year I started (and quited) rowling at the Lagoon. I started exercicing in the gym only in the weekends    and I struggled to get some pounds as I was too skinny (48kilos, almost 105.6 pounds). Now I weight 53kilos or 116.6 pounds. I can at least donate blood now.






2. RELEASE THE QUESTION BOOK INDEPENDENTLY.














3. RELEASE THE POEM BOOK WITH A SPONSORSHIP.










4. MAKE MORE MONEY. (I THINK THAT WOULD BE THE HARD ONE! HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR A WHILE NOW..HAHA. IF YOU CAN HELP ME, LET ME KNOW)

5. READ MORE OFTENLY AND FOCUS ON THE ART BOOKS I BOUGHT. CHECK SOME OF THE BOOKS I HAVE ALREADY READ HERE!.

6. READ THE JAMES JOYCE´S BOOK A PORTRAIT OF AN ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN THAT I WILL GET FOR X-MAS.  (PLEASE DON´T TELL MY MOM THAT I KNOW IT)

7. DON´T BE AFRAID OF UNCERTAINTIES OF LIFE.

8. FINISH MY MBA AND WRITE MY FINAL PROJECT.

9. DEVOTE MOST OF MY TIME TO ART AND MY PERSONAL PROJECTS.

10. START PAINTING AGAIN AND SELL MY PAINTINGS.

11. DEVELOP MY PERSONAL WEBSITE MARCELALANNA.COM WITH MY PAINTINGS, WRITINGS, PROJECTS, VIDEOS AND A LITTLE E-SHOP FOR MY BOOKS.

12. LOOK MORE AT THE MOON. ENJOY THE SUNLESS BEACH ON MY BEACH CHAIR.

13. BE MORE HUGGED. BE MORE KISSED. SMILE MORE OFTEN.

14. PLANT A TREE.


Do you list your year resolutions? Did you accomplish them?
How do you measure the sucess of a year? By number os kisses? By number of nights out? By projects realized? By heart beats? By moons? By good food eaten? By travels? By new friends or new people you meet? By smiles? By hours you spend in front of the computer? By ...

Let me know, pls!







1 comment:

  1. Hey Friend, I must say that many of your resolutions are similar to mine. Unfortunately I am not so passionately trying to achieve them - here is something to correct!!

    I want to let you know that I sincerely admire you, you are one of the best persons I have ever met in my life. I am here rooting for you, my dear! You deserve all that, cause you fight for it. You have art running in your veins. Keep being like that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails